Wednesday 23 October 2013

23/10/2013 - Establish and Maintain Plant Collection Unit 21026

Actual Temperature
19 degrees Celsius
Humidity : 85%
Rainfall : 0.00mm
Wind : Light Wind

My plant collection with Linda Hellyer in Dunedin Botanic Garden - Rose & Herbaceous Collection on Wednesday woking hours 8.30 am to 4.30 pm with Curator Linda Hellyer.  First in the morning,  I trimmed the edge of The Rose Garden. After break I start planting some plants filling the empty spaces in Rose Garden.






















The plants are Salvia patens "Cambridge Blue" that are intense pure blue beautifully shaped flowers which the upper petal arching forward in the shape of  hood. Its a wonderful summer sun flowers approximately 50cm. Then I planted Iris "Snow Queen" its  a sparkling white flowers with a touch of yellow in the throat. Blue, green foliage, reliable and its a trouble free. Its a sun or shade and bloom in spring and approximately 100cm.

After my lunch break, I planted Digitalis purpurea "Snow Thimbles".  Its a large white unspoiled bell flowers on imposing tall stems. A favourite cottage border plant and bloomed in sumer. It's  a sun or part shade and approximately 100cm.


















Apparently, I planted Gaillardia aristata mesa yellow its a 35cm perennial with brilliant pure yellow flowers compact habit first year flowering. Once the planting is completed I watered the plants and again do some weeding using push hoe and trimmed the edges. The section ended at 3.00 pm.
























No comments:

Post a Comment